Friday, 08 July 2011 15:32
FOCUS North America is seeking a highly motivated, resourceful Orthodox Christian to become the director of our local FOCUS Center in San Diego, CA. A Focus Center Director is responsible for raising up a Ministry Team that supports the work of the center, generating the financial and material resources needed to operate the center and enlisting and managing a team of volunteers. A local director typically has significant experience in social welfare and development.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Advocating for the delivering of the national suite of life recovery ministries in Food, Occupation, Clothing, Understanding and Shelter through the building up of a national Orthodox Christian agency.
- In partnership with the national office, writing and executing the business plan and carrying out the Annual Development Strategy to sustain the ministries.
- Recruiting, training and deploying volunteers in the delivery of services.
- Providing a decidedly Orthodox Christian environment conducive to spiritual formation and personal development.
- An Orthodox Christian active in the worship, life and stewardship of his/her parish.
- 3-5 years leadership experience in a social service agency.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excel at presenting before groups.
- A proven record of raising financial resources to support a project.
- A proven record of recruiting, training, deploying and retaining volunteers.
- Proficient in the use of social media for networking.
- Familiar with Contact Management Software--experience working with a relational database preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required--M.Div., MSW, or Counseling Degree preferred.
SALARY: $25K annually to start, with the potential to earn $50K annually as milestones are achieved. Relocation assistance is available.
Application Deadline: July 17, 2011